Forum » Photography » Photography Talk » Post production

Post production

• RAW conversion via DPP or Capture One and then photoshop.
    Paul.
    www.photographybyriddell.co.uk
      February 24, 2016 2:54 AM PST
  • Studio Net USA - Rick Rabuck - does not pay his bills...one does the work, does it well, sends an invoice then Rick Rabuck keeps the money!!!!
      January 16, 2016 8:33 PM PST
  • I use presets and actions, but they are mostly written each time for each batch I shoot to match the different requirements of different clients.
    Some batch processes are kept to be reused each time I shoot for that client, but other portions of the batch have to be rewritten. And multiple actions may be needed for the same client.
    For example - A client migth want a fashion collection shot and I shoot everything in the studio in a standard commercial style, which is one action, but there are also macro shots of the fabric as well, which is another action. The images may be required for both an ecommerce site and a catalogue, prompting extra actions.
    Then that client also wants styling studio shots, which are of course shot differently, lit differently to a straight commercial shot. Again another action is required.
    On top of that several items in the collection are dark black with dark black overlayed detail. That may require yet another action.
    Then the client also wants some styling images shot outside, yet again another action, but this time although I've shot for that client before, the light is vastly different this time and yet another action is required to be written.
    Then I could shoot the same kind of things for a different client, but because of different requirements totally different actions are needed.
    Paul

January 14, 2016 2:28 AM PST
  • Adobe CC (LR primarily) and PP
      July 27, 2015 6:39 AM PDT
  • Canon DPP, Photoshop with Topaz plug-ins, PTLens, Picturenaut for HDR work.

December 22, 2013 8:17 PM PST
  • Pretty much just Lightroom. I use some presets for example to quickly work with multiple photos. And when Lr isn't enough (quite rare occasion) I use Photoshop.
      December 22, 2013 3:37 PM PST
  • I think the answer really is -- it depends.  And, like many things, it's not the tools, but the workflow and the techniques that express a photographer's style and desired image.

Some effects I do entirely in camera (often with maticulous studio lighting), others are a simple Aperature or Lightroom manipulation, while others can be hours of painfully detailed editing in Photoshop, using numerous filters and time saving automation, as well as custom applications.  If necessary, I'll flip between applications depending on the desired effect.

Workflows are going to greatly vary -- for example, a crisp and detailed black and white takes a whole different path than a richly colorful and artistic composite.

September 12, 2013 7:58 PM PDT
  •  
    Minimal. Mostly just RAW conversion.

Paul.
      January 21, 2013 1:41 AM PST
  • oh I forgot ...CS6 / LR4 / LR3 on laptop, presets, plugins, actions to meak my live easier, wacom, 32" Dell with 17" combo for wathing, learning etc...
      December 29, 2012 12:21 PM PST
  • LR4 /4.1 /4.2 4.3 Not what I looking for like improvements regarding performance all of us know tips and tricks for performance published by SLr Lunge they still are slow vs CS5.5 / CS6new engine supporting Mercury Graphics Engine, OpenGL, OpenCL or CUDA ? All are Big NO NO  4.1 "they fix bugs" but not performance LR3 was faster than LR4  LR4 have better tools, more options, I have LR4 on laptop LR3/4  I update my one to 4.1RC endless problems performance buggs with nearly all I get back to LR4 and I install 4.2RC same crap, now I looking at  4.3 same stuff http://forums.adobe.com/message/4945507 import issue etc...  ehh one day we will get match of owers mashines with sotaware for now we have mashines wihch have to much power with no software or software with no power ? like CUDA --big stuff sypport for PS AF wow yeeeeeeh now we have CS6 last CUDA Photoshop !  This post was edited by Carl Bertossi at December 29, 2012 12:13 PM PST
      December 29, 2012 12:13 PM PST
  • So i just upgraded to Lighroom 4.1 and would like to know what you guys think of this version.
      September 26, 2012 7:19 PM PDT
  • Wacom tablet is a nice addition that makes editing easier, especially if you know the basics of drawing sketching, this way you use pen pressure to really get detail work done easier.
      February 18, 2012 7:57 PM PST
  • Photoshop CS5, lots of adjustment layers, clone brush, healing tool, the usual curves, saturation, etc.

I don't really use any presets, actions or plugins, mostly because I've been using Photoshop since version 5 came out twelve years ago heh.

I've got a Wacom tablet that I love and makes retouching a million times easier, that's about the only custom aspect to my usual way of doing things.
      February 18, 2012 7:42 PM PST
  • Lightroom v3.6 and some photoshop CS5 when needed.I use some times presets on lightroom to make things a litte bit faster.

This post was edited by Panagiotis Limperopoulos at January 7, 2012 8:59 PM PST
      January 7, 2012 8:58 PM PST
  • Walle D said:
    Thank you everyone for your posts. Do many of you use presets and actions? I would like to know a normal process you use for images.

I only use actions for copyright. I feel all photo's should be viewed as individuals. Treat them all differently. Why cookie cut unless it's a mindless action. 

December 29, 2011 1:01 PM PST
  • Thank you everyone for your posts. Do many of you use presets and actions? I would like to know a normal process you use for images.
      December 27, 2011 6:27 PM PST
  • Lightroom and CS5
      December 22, 2011 8:08 PM PST
  • Adobe Photo Shop CS5, no plug-ins
      December 8, 2011 7:02 PM PST
  • here is a good read http://photo.net/learn/digital-photography-workflow/overview/fashion-photography/
      December 5, 2011 11:27 PM PST
  • Adobe Photoshop no plugin's
      December 5, 2011 8:52 PM PST
  • LR3,CS5 and Portraiture for me..
      December 1, 2011 2:43 PM PST
  • Lightroom, Photoshop with portraiture plugin and some others.
      November 7, 2011 8:23 PM PST
  • Lightroom, Portrait Professional, PS4. Crayons, LOL.
      November 6, 2011 8:06 PM PST
  • Lightroom, Portrait Professional, PSCS3 with Topaz and NIK plugins.
      September 26, 2011 1:58 PM PDT
  • I would like to know the post production process most photographers use.
      August 26, 2011 1:11 PM PDT